I finally was able to get out into the city today. One of the planners on the shuttle side and I went to the Pushkin Art Museum today. That was one of my goals following my first trip here years ago. I wanted to go to the art museum. Mark that off my list of things to do. Although, i think we're going back. We didn't have time to see the part of that i really wanted to see...the European impressionists (Monet, Cezzane, Van Gogh, etc.) That was in a separate building. We did see a lot of amazing paitings and sculptures. I'm not so much in to the sculptures, but i do have an appreciation for the detailed craftsmanship associated with works like that. I suppose if i didn't have vices, then, i too, could perhaps produces works of grandeur. But who am i kidding...i'll never be as skilled and meticulous as some of these artists were. I didn't see any paintings that completely blew me away, but nevertheless it was a treat to visit such a place. I'm think my eye is attracted to the impressionists...
I am extremely tired right now though...Al and I barely made it back in time for work. We had just enough time to go back to our apartments and change clothes. And we'll probably do it again tomorrow...and probably Saturday. Sunday might be a day off to sleep in...but plans are being worked.
Speaking of Al, one of the interesting things that comes from doing a tour here in the HSG is the new people you get to meet. Al is quite the musician. In fact he plays in a Celtic band and i'm thinking i'd like to see him play. Any one up for some live music and a little cheer? On the other shift i met a guy that was at A&M (in the aero department) at the same time i was there. However, he graduated a year earlier than me. I don't recall him either...but it's a small world. And then there's Carla. I've known who she was for some time now, but we've never had the opportunity to talk and get to know each other. She's one cool chick. Josh and Lisa can attest to that...
Anyway...this has been a rewarding trip to Moscow...even though i don't feel like i'm contributing much to the is mission. It's the smaller joys in this trip that are making it worth while...
See ya in a few more days...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
glad that you seem to be having a good time!!!!
Post a Comment