Well, we're halfway through this mission. I should be back home in a week. I have quite a few plans stirring in the pot, so i'm excited to get back.
Since we're halfway through, it was time to do some shift switching. My co-worker and I are switching our shifts. I'll be working the Moscow evening hours and he'll take over my Moscow day hours. What this means is that i'll be awake when the most of you are awake.
I woke up this morning with what was a decidely prominent chill in the air. My room is usually warmer that what i keep my house. But today it was quite a bit cooler. SO i checked the latest weather and understood why. This morning the temperature was about 10 degrees F cooler than the previous days. And a quick look at the forecast doesn't bode well for this native Texan. While i do prefer the cooler weather to the warmer...this is beyond my comfort level. Luckily i packed appropriately. Time to break out the thermals...
Yesterday, astronaut Piers Sellers (who i think has similar features as Harrison Ford) came into the HSR (Houston Support Room) where i was working. I talked to him a bit. He's in charge of some training at Star City (where the cosmonauts/astronauts train here in Russia). I asked him how Shannon Walker was doing. Shannon and I were supposed to try to meet up while i was here in Moscow. But Piers tells me that she has her head buried in books studying for her training. So, i'll just catch up with Shannon when she comes back to Houston.
On the sad side of the house, Roy Scheider (Chief Brody in the movie Jaws)
died earlier this week. "You're gonna need a bigger boat" I love that line...and that movie.
Well, that about sums up the randomness i wanted to shower you with...Enjoy your sleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment