So today was my first day at work here in Moscow...well, we actually work in Korolev. I saw a few of my Russian colleagues and met a few new American colleagues. Today was rather slow...not much to discuss with the Russians.
Tomorrow will be much of the same...perhaps a little more hectic as we prepare for Atlantis to dock to the station. Then all the fun and games begin.
Moscow is mushy right now; not very pleasing to the eye. The temperatures are a little above freezing which means all the snow and ice are melting. Everything is soggy, slushy, and mushy. I don't think there will be much time for site-seeing anyway. The only real chance we had was the few hours after we arrived. My co-workers aren't the goin' out types (frankly, i'm not the going out type either). But that gives me a chance to sit down and think about things.
One of my goals for this trip is to come home with some lyrics (or lyric ideas) for Finding Reason. I'm trying something new. I decided that i would write down every thought i had over a small time period. I decided to try that because i do have some pretty good lyrical ideas, but i always come up with them when pen and paper aren't available...and sometime those ideas pop out of my random thoughts. So the idea is to write down everything and then filter out the garbage.
What i think i uncovered by this method of writing is that i'm mad (not mad as in angry, but mad as in effing crazy!) I might share an excerpt from my first 20 minute thought-diarrhea session. My mind has severe ADD. Perhaps that was a result of being on an 11 hour flight? Well, i'm not sure that first session resulted in anything.
I do have a few "themes" in mind about song material. But i hate forcing the words to make the song work...Forcing it makes it seem...well...forced. Oh well, perhaps one day you'll find my thoughts/ideas in a future Finding Reason song or songs...
Friday, February 08, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment