1. My favorite "older" Christmas show is without a doubt "A Christmas Story!" I triple dog dare you to not get a kick out of this one.

2. My favorite "newer" Christmas show is "Home Alone." Yes, i admit it. And i'm not ashamed either.
3. I'm beginning to see a trend here. Does everyone get underwear for Christmas? I can't remember the last time i actually bought underwear.
4. In my recollection, we have never had a real Christmas tree. All of our Christmas trees came out of boxes.
5. One of my favorite Christmas desserts are cookies that my mom makes. She calls them cherry winks. They are made with crushed corn flakes, dates, and of course a cherry.
6. When i was a little tyke, my parents would drive me and my brother through the "rich" neighborhoods to see all the fantastic Christmas lights and decorations of the well-to-do.
7. On my dad's side of the family, we have a very non-traditional Christmas meal. My uncle Mark usually fries up some shrimp and oysters and whips up a pot of gumbo. That started a few years ago. Sadly, i'll miss this years celebration because i'm working.
8. I'm a last minute shopper. I don't know why? Every year i tell myself that i'm not going to wait till the last moment to do my shopping. Yet, i never listen to myself.
9. I hate wrapping gifts for the sole reason that i'm just plain bad at it.
10. I'm a double, sometimes, triple boxer. Despite hating the gift wrapping part, i will sometimes wrap a smaller gift, and then put it in a bigger box, and then wrap that box. I will also add ballast to my gifts so that the receiver can't identify the gift before opening the gift. I'm sneaky like that.
11. The best thing about the Christmas season is the getting together with friends and family. Sometimes it's the only chance i get to see family members. But everyone has a good time even if it is for a brief few hours.
12. Last, but not least, my Godson, Luke, and his baby brother Joel, got a me a reindeer that poops candy. It's awesome!
I'm not going to tag anyone in particular, but if you feel like sharing 12 of your Christmas facts then please do so!
2 comments:
i want a reindeer that poops candy!!!
Excellent dozen, Todd! And gift wrapping is cake - if you don't mind spending a minute on it. :) I was sad I had to wrap everything in bags this year because I only had a few hours to wrap things!
Post a Comment