Yesterday, Matt and I decided to do the American tourist thing and hit the Hard Rock Cafe Moscow.
But before i get to that, yes, we're in a launch slip case, which is not great news at all. I'll be here longer and possibly pushing up to Christmas...or i'll come home early, and have to do this all over again in January or February; neither of which is pleasing to me. We are attempting to launch on Sunday, but there are meetings on Saturday to discuss those plans. I think our launch window cuts out on Dec. 13th...so if we're not off the ground by then, I'll be coming home, only to turn around and come back out here 1 or 2 months later.
So, following work, I had the computer guy come in to fix my computer issues. Didn't get it fixed. Although it has been decided that i'm getting a "new" computer on Monday. I still don't think that is going to solve my problem, but the work around is giving me computer access so i'm content.
Once it was decided that there was nothing that could be done with the computer, it was time to hit Moscow. Trip two...to the unknown. Are my navigation skills good enough yet? Yep...they were. We plotted our course before heading out and then decided to give it a shot. We found it without much trouble at all. I feel much more comfortable navigating the metro system.
Hard Rock Cafe Moscow was well...Hard Rock Cafe...and supposedly the second largest restaraunt in Europe! It didn't seem all that big to me...but it was definitely crowded. We found a couple of spots at the bar and ordered some food...tastey American Food. Then we did the touristy thing and bough Hard Rock souveniers. I wanted a Hard Rock Moscow cap, but there were no caps or hats at all...so i had to settle for a t-shirt.
It's a bit chilly here when the sun goes down. Last night on our trip to and fro it was around -3 degrees C (26 Degrees F). I was well prepared and i'm weathing it well.
But i have marked another thing off the list that i wanted to accomplish on this trip. [I wanted to post some pictures, but this computer is acting up again...sorry...you'll have to wait.]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment