I follow the Moskva down to Gorky Park...
I've always wanted to do that...I didn't see any soldiers walking by...i got my fill of soldiers the other night. Every time i hear that song i'm reminded of it. Well, i have done that. Sunday morning, Matt and I headed out into the frigid morning air of Moscow...with Gorky park as our first stop. We planned out the trip the night before...you see, with the Metro, you often have to switch trains multiple times to get where you are going...and it's always best to not look lost...so preparation is key.
Gorky park was fairly deserted...with the exception of a group of guys trying to get in some quality hockey, and the grandfather taking his granddaughter for a little skate through the park. Ice and snow covered most of the park...with a new dusting of snow while we were there. There isn't much to see in Gorky during the winter. I suppose during the spring and summer there are beautiful flowers everywhere. I might have to make a return trip during the warmer months to enjoy it all. My last trip i was only able to see Gorky Park from the boat tour we took.
Being sunday, Matt and I went to church. The next stop on our short list was to hit Christ the Saviour Church. You've seen this in some of my other pictures. But it has a lot of picture quality there so we went. We did go inside this time though. The sign at the entrance said no cameras...so i wasn't brave enough to pull out my camera in there...but matt did. If i can find where he put his pictures i'll link them here. It's quite impressive in there.
Since Matt had to be at work later in the day (he never went in since the launch slipped) we headed back to the hotel so that we could check on the status of things. This is where we learned that the mission was going to be slipped until January. We had a discussion on when we were going to fly back and such. After much deliberation we decided that Tues, the 11th was going to be our return day...if we could only get our plane tickets updated. I had some trouble, but my secretary took care of that once she got in on Houston Monday morning.
Sunday night we decided to hit the Star Lite Diner in Moscow. It's a swinging 50s decor joint with good milkshakes and hamburgers. But to our demise, it was closed due to fire damage. I wish i would've known that before trekking out into Moscow. I was kinda bummed too. Oh well, perhaps they'll be done with the repairs for the next trip.
Here is the whole lot of pictures that i've been meaning to uplink. Enjoy.
![]() |
| Moscow 2007 |
Maybe if i find some extra time, i'll actually label each of the pictures...

1 comment:
great pictures todd,russia looks like an absolutely beautiful place to see...... makes me wanna hop a plane right now and see it for myself,especially while its cold!
Post a Comment