Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The Perfect Storm

So...you take dreary cold rainy weather...combine with a club environment (that makes you stress your vocal chords)...combine that with dry air from your home heating system...and you've got the makings of a perfect storm...er sickness.

You see, the dreary weather already stresses your immune system...you try to keep warm and the heat dries out the air...making your throat sensitive...add in the elevated voice...and the beginnings of a sore throat.

Now, to top it off, throw in a lack of sleep and you have a grumpy Todd. I've decided i'm taking tomorrow off from work. I need time to get well. I can't really afford to take time off, but it's gotta be done.

I hope to do a lot of sleeping tomorrow. I've got the orange juice flowing and the meds to ease the irritation...i hope to be back to my old self in a few days.

Stay healthy...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am so sorry to hear you have gotten worse and are now grumpy......nobody likes a grumpy todd,BUT i think i could try to tolerate you being grumpy.....;)

LOVE YA!!! get well soon

Erin said...

TheraFlu... I'm telling you. It's amazing. :) And peppermint tea! It soothes the throat very well.