Sunday, November 18, 2007

New Music

Isn't it nice when you have plans, but you just don't feel like following them through? Tonight i was supposed to drive up to northwest Houston to watch LTS play...probably Ron's last performance with LTS as the drummer. But as the day crept along, i lost the desire to make the drive. Had the guys been playing a little closer to home, i definitely would have attended.

So, with me staying home for the evening, i decided i should make the best use of my time. I hit the studio. I decided to bring in my acoustic-electric from the bedroom and plug it in here in the studio. Man, i have forgotten what a lovely sound the Ovation makes when electrified...crisp, punchy, and bright. I truly love the sound of that guitar. I stumbled upon a chord progression that i liked and then i thew down some arpeggios based on the chord progressions...and i think there is something there to work with. I recorded it, but what a pain that was. It took over 40 attempts at getting it to the point that i wouldn't be embarrassed to play it for the guys. I'm not good at recording...or rather, making clean recordings. But as the hours ticked by and as my fingers started to hurt, i decided that i had enough and it was good enough...for now. It almost hurts to type...i really abused my fingers tonight. No pain, no gain...

Let's rewind a bit: I woke up this morning to very cloudy skies. No rain, yet. Saturday morning football was merely an hour away. As i headed out to the field, it started to rain a little...but people showed up...a lot of people showed up...14 in all. That made for a fun game of football. We played for nearly 3 hours. It felt really good to get out and do some exercise for a chance...

Now let's fast forward a bit: I should really get to bed...i've got another full day tomorrow...then it's back on console for Thanksgiving week...woohoo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like another busy weekend in the studio!!!!!
as for not following through on plans to go out,i do that alot these days......
sounds like you had fun anyway...