It's all in a day's work. Every day we make history in the human space program. It's been a real thrill so far. Today, I had a special hand in kicking off what is probably the slowest/longest attitude maneuver in US space history. Now, i'm not going to have my name in any history books, but it is still nice to know that you are a part of a unique thing. Today's maneuver will take approximately 20 orbits to complete, or about 30 hours. Normally a maneuver takes less than an hour to complete. I think our Russian friends hold the record for the longest attitude maneuver--somewhere on the order of 40 orbits, or 60 hours. I haven't found any hard and fast numbers, but if i do, i'll post them here. Yep, it's all in a day's work.
I wonder what tomorrow will bring?
Wednesday, March 30, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment