Sunday, April 03, 2005

Craziest of Crazy Sales...

Friday was Fry's Electronics "Grand Opening" sale! The store actually opened in December but is just now getting around to the grand opening sale, and man, did they go nuts on their prices!
I cashed in on their craziness. Well, i could've bought a lot more, but i restrained from going over the edge. I picked up a 512MB jump drive for $15 after mail in rebate. Regularly, these guys go for about $60-80. I also picked up a new executive leather office chair for $30. I was able to find this chair online for around $80. And I picked up one more item. I picked up a computer case with a 450W power supply for $0 after mail in rebate. I've been toying with the idea of building a computer instead of buying one. I have most of the components I need (hard drive, DVD burner, CD burner, ethernet card, sound card, video card, etc.). The only thing i really need to upgrade is the processor and motherboard and perhaps some RAM. However, my current case will not support the head loads that the faster processors produce. So, i found it a great opportunity to buy a new case that could support my needs. Now i just need to find a motherboard, processor and RAM on sale.
There were some other great deals as well: 17" LCD Monitor for $146 after mail in rebate, 120GB internal hard drive for $30 after mail in rebate. A progressive scan DVD player for $15. This is probably the hottest item at the sale: AMD Sempron 2200+ processor with 128MB RAM, 40 GB hard drive, 52X CD-ROM, modem, USB ports, and a High speed network card for only $99.99--no rebate required. That's right...a bargain computer that will do most people's needs for under $100. I almost bought this, but decided against it for i didn't know if my existing RAM would've been compatible with it and I want a little more computing power. To say the least it was a great sale and the place was crowded. But it was a fun shopping experience!

1 comment:

Joshua said...

Don't forget the 512MB compact flash card for only $9.99!!