Saturday, March 13, 2004

Mud Bugs and Rock n Roll

Today there was a crawfish boil at Greg's house, in honor of his "last" birthday. Greg's birthday was yesterday (the 12th). We arrived at the party a little late--fashionably late. But I arrived with two girls (Heather and Lisa) and a cooler full of drinks. The weather seemed to cooperate despite the gloominess. Chef Lala (Russell Lala, one of our MCS trainers) prepared an exquisite meal consisting of crawfish, corn on the cob, potatoes, sausage, and catfish. See some pictures here. I did try the crawfish...it was good, but had a stronger fishy flavor than I liked. So, I stuck to the sausage, potatoes, and corn. After feasting from the crawfish trough, it was time to break out the guitars and jam a little.

Ben and I set up in Greg's living room and started doing a little jammin. Greg joined us a short time later. We had a bigger audience than usual, but it was fun. We ran through the stuff that we had been working on. We are getting better. We have even written a little musical piece together...we have most of it hashed out, just need to add some drums and some lyrics and tweak it a bit and we're off to writing our first song together. I can definitely see some improvement in my playing. This little project has been good for me...and it shall continue.
I had no idea jammin and feasting on some authentic cajun food could be so exhausting...I'm quite tired right now. Stay tuned for the next installment of HorelicaNet Journal.

No comments: