Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Small World

Today at work I met the prime crew and the backup crew for Expedition 14. I will be the lead ADCO for Expedition 14. Well, in talking with one of the backup crew members, I found out that he has done some high school basketball officiating in big ol' East Bernard. I was a bit shocked to find out that someone, an astronaut even, knows where East Bernard is...and has even been there! It's just a small world...
Do you have any small world stories to share???

2 comments:

Joshua said...

I don't, but our pal Cory sure does....

Anonymous said...

I got a good one, and I just found this out as of Friday of last week. When I was in Ohio, I was roommates with a fellow cop named Scott. Well I moved here to AZ and I didn't know if I would ever see anybody from Ohio again. Well Scott moved here to AZ up in Phoenix and I talked to him once and after that nothing. It was like he disappeared, moved back to Ohio or something. But this past week, we has some union reps come to my unit and talk to us about some stuff. I told one of them about my new promotion and he told me to talk to someone else in the group that worked for the parole office, where I'm going to. Anyway I was talking to this guy and told him about my training that I've had and he mentioned that I wasn't the first guy he met that we Ohio police trained. I thought this was kinda odd and asked him the other guys name. He named the guy that I worked with and was my roommate in Ohio. What a small world. I got Scott's work number of the intranet my work uses and called him up on Monday and it was like no time had passed at all. I chatted with Scott for a while.

It's rather interesting how the world turns huh?