Wednesday, March 08, 2006

On call

This week I'm on call. That means that if something happens during the middle of the night and the person on console can't handle it or has questions, i get a call. Usually the person we have on console in the middle of the night is one that is looking after 3 systems, not just one. So there are certain things that these operators just can't handle...hence, the reason we are call.

Last night, er early this morning, i got my first call at 2:27am. I won't go in details as to why I got the call, but i got the call. Nothing major happened. I was back asleep by about 3:45am then got another (expected) call at about 5:15am. Was asleep not 5 minutes later.

Being on call is not a fun part of the job, but i suppose it's a necessity.

No worries melissa...

4 comments:

Joshua said...

Just a random question, but Todd why don't you have a blogger profile?

Todd said...

not sure really...just never set it up when i built this blog site.

Joshua said...

Hook it up!!!

Rob, Melissa, Luke & Joel Green said...

Can I buy you some Caffine??
-M