I just finished reading The Man Who Fell to Earth by Walter Tevis. This was an interesting read. It's a science fiction book about a man who comes to earth with hopes of transporting his kind to earth. His home planet was destroyed by war and weapons...and resources are scarce. This alien studied to be a human for years...and he lives among the humans. Unfortunately, things don't go his way...
A movie was made from this book and David Bowie plays the alien being. I haven't seen the movie yet, but we'll be watching it soon (assuming heather doesn't want to read the book first)
So, if you want a quick and interesting read ... go pick up the book and enjoy it...
Tuesday, February 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I've heard about the movie more than the book...but perhaps that is the "Bowie effect"...
Post a Comment