As promised, here is how the wedding festivities went down.
Rehearsal night...
Some people were running behind due to San Antonio traffic, so the rehearsal started late -- a minor setback. During rehearsal it was discovered that the wedding license was left back at Jessica's apartment -- this was another minor issue with major impacts. Brandon and Jessica retrieved it later that night.
After rehearsal, it was time for rehearsal dinner. The locale for this dining feast was to take place at Casa Rio. Casa Rio was the first restaraunt on the river walk. Well, I told mom that i had a GPS unit and didn't need directions to the place. She told everyone to follow me. I must admit, this made me a little nervous. I hadn't tested out the pedestrian function and was banking on technology that i hadn't tested yet. I was hoping Barbie would lead us to the right location. Alas, she took us straight there, no back tracking, no adjusting the route...found it with no problem.
Dinner was tasty...as mexican food is probably my favorite. After dinner we decided to walk back to the hotel. It was almost 10pm and we figured most attractions were closed on the riverwalk. Heather and her parents decided to hit a bar before heading back to the hotel. On the way back to the hotel I spotted a bar that was playing the Astros game. I took a peek in the window to find out that the Astros were about to wrap up another win. After returning to the hotel, it was time to retire to the room. Heather had breakfast with the ladies at 6:00am. I had pictures with the guys at 9:15am. I got to sleep in a little more, but it really didn't help.
Wedding day...
Wedding day started off with pictures in travis park, across the street from the hotel. Another snag, one of the groomsmen was nowhere to be found and no one knew how to get ahold of him. The photographer took a few pictures of brandon and his bestman. The rest of us just stood around ...waiting... Finally we tracked down the guy and did all of the pictures we could. I liked the photographer. He was very professional and had many great ideas. For instance, he had us do a couple of crazy poses and several jumping shots. He also made us do a walking shot -- a la Resevoir Dogs style. I hope it turns out okay...i really want those pictures.
By this time, the sun was starting to break through the clouds and the temps were starting to rise. The girls went to the park to take their pictures. Family members were appearing and arriving left and right. The place was getting chaotic.
It was nearing wedding time and everyone headed up to the roof, where the ceremony was to be held. There was a bit of confusion once we got up there, but nothing the guests would've noticed. I played the part of an usher and seated my grandmother, my aunt, and my mom. And then it was time for the big event!! Jessica and her Dad, Bill, made the long walk. Everyone was all smiles, and the ceremony started.
Presiding over the ceremony was the Rev. Ray Wells, of the father-in-law Wells. Yep, that's right. Heather's dad, who presided over our wedding, also presided over brandon and jessica's wedding. It was quite hot, so the ceremony was just as long as it needed to be. It was quite a lovely ceremony. After the ceremony everyone retreated to the conforts of air conditioning. Down in the lobby, hors d'oeuvres and beverages were served, while we finished up all the pictures. Once the pictures were done, we moved on to the reception.
Each groomsmen and bride's maid was introduced and finally the happy couple was introduced, Mr. and Mrs Brandon Horelica. We were served a wonderful meal and then the mingling began. There were too many people to get to everyone, but they were all there to see brandon and jessica, so i tried to keep a low profile when the happy couple was around. But it was nice to catch up, even if only briefly, with family and friends.
Well, once all the hubbub was over with, the newlywed couple retreated to their suite and all the guests departed back home. Heather and I headed back home as well. Fired up Barbie and had her take us home. I followed her prescribed route out of San Antonio, although i'm not sure it was the shortest (it wasn't the same route in which we came in on). I didn't complain, cause there was no traffic and we were on I-10 headed home in about 10 minutes of driving. Having the GPS is wonderful...I'd recommend anyone thinking about getting one to get one. So far she's been very accurate. Total drive time was about 3.5 hours on both the going and coming. A great tool to have.
Here are a few of the other pictures that I took that are decent enough to post.




1 comment:
Congrats all the way around. The pictures looked good. And it seems like only yesterday that Todd and Heather finally got hitched. Good times, as I recall. No major hang ups on that event. Also, glad to see the family is doing very well. Please send my regards to the whole family.
Post a Comment