Thursday, June 12, 2008

Freebies

As i mentioned yesterday, Delilah had her first scheduled maintenance today. I also had Infiniti replace the tint on my window that wasn't done properly the first time. They were accommodating and had me scheduled in.

I arrived a few minutes early and they promptly took Delilah to the service bays to get her oil and oil filter changed. That in itself didn't take too long. A part of their complimentary 24 month service, I get a car wash with every service. This saved me about 3 or so hours of washing/detailing. I appreciate that service.

The tint guy finally got there (they outsource the tint guy). I could see Delilah's nose from where i was sitting. I waited and waited and waited. I saw the tint guy drive away...well, at least the truck he drove up in. So, i thought i was finished. Not the case. It seems that the tint guy wanted to take my key fob for a trip around the clear lake area. Of course i didn't know this and Infiniti didn't know this until someone started asking questions.

Because i was inconvenienced by this, Infiniti decided to give me a free tank of gas. In this day of $4 per gallon, I think i was appropriately paid for my time. Before i left, i wanted to get a sunshade for Delilah. Infiniti carries custom made shades that fit the windshield perfectly for each make of car they sell. I expected to pay for this. Unfortunately, Infiniti doesn't have the custom made EX35 sunshades available...and they won't be available for a few months. I decided to go with a G35 sunshade because the two vehicles are similar. The service guy i was working with asked me if i received a sunshade when i bought the vehicle. To which i replied, "yes, that's why i need this one." Ok, so i just thought that...I told him that i hadn't received one and he handed me the sunshade and once again apologized for my inconveniences.

So a few hours of my time yielded me a free tank of gas and a free sunshade. I like freebies...but i'd rather get them when when i'm not inconvenienced.

No comments: