Saturday, May 13, 2006

Heather becomes a Former Aggie!

Today, on this 13th day of the month of May in the year 2006, Heather graduated from college!!! When you get a chance, congratulate her!!!
She graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Marine Biology from Texas A&M University Galveston.

The weather was pleasant for graduation, but started to get hot later in the day. The Texas A&M officials did not anticipate the large number of guests today and they had to bring in more seats for the guests. I suppose this was the reason i was only allowed 6 tickets for mine. Well, i also had over 2300 graduating in my class and she had 149 people.

We had a nice lunch at the Saltgrass Steakhouse and then a small gathering back at the Horelica residence. It was an enjoyable day.

Here is the new grad sporting her cap and gown.



Heather's yummy cake (red velvet with cream cheese icing)



And here is the unframed diploma. We'll get that framed so that it looks nice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Heather, even if you are a former Aggie now ;) I hope you have a fun and interesting career.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS HEATHER!!!
I was just thinking of the two of you and thought I would look at your pages! And what a wonderful surprise, YOU GRADUATED!! That is so great! I hope you feel good and I wish you the best!
take care of yourself and of your family!

thinking of you and wishing you the best!
Deb