Friday, October 28, 2005

Mark that off the List...



There is a certain list that everyone has...it may not be written down anywhere, but you have it. It's a list of things to do before you die. Everybody's is a little different. And it's always changing...most likely getting longer.

I can mark off "Attend a World Series baseball game". That's right, we were able to attend the 2005 World Series Game 4. Unfortunately, our team lost. It was the deciding game in which the Chicago White Sox won the World Series for the first time since 1917. It would've been nice for the Astros to win their first World Series ever...but i was just happy they even made it to the World Series. It was their first trip ever and that was exciting enough for me; winning it would've been the icing on the cake. I'm proud of the Astros. They did well...especially since at one point during the season they were 15 games below .500 or 15-30. It was an amazing run. Unfortunately they made a few too many mistakes during the World Series. Perhaps next year...

A special thanks goes out to Josh and Lisa Parris. Josh was one of the lucky few to win the lottery for a chance to buy the tickets. He could've sold the other pair of tickets he had for a large sum of money. So, thanks Josh and Lisa.

Speaking of making money, I could turn around and sell my ticket stubs on ebay. I could probably fetch $90 or more per stub. But I think i'll hold on to my part of baseball history. I have plans for a plaque or some picture collage of our experience at the World Series.



Here are a few pictures from the night...



Downtown Houston and Minute Maid Park



Downtown Houston and Minute Maid Park just after sunset



Here we are enjoying the game



Again, here we are enjoying the atmosphere of the World Series. This photo was taken by a kind concession worker who was takin' a quick break from selling "COLD BEER AND COLD SODAs".

Perhaps I'll post more pictures at another time...
What do you have left to mark off of your list???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Angelina Jolie