It wasn't until high school that I realized that flying for the Navy wasn't going to work out (due to my vision). That's when I decided that I could start flying now, instead of waiting until graduation. That's when I asked for flying lessons for my 16th birthday.
In August of '93, I got my private pilot's license. Unfortunately, college put a stranglehold on my flying escapades. Essentially, life happened. I was able to pick up flying for a brief time in 2001/2002. And then life happened again.
Now, here we are in 2012. A recent conversation about flying has rekindled my passion. It's time to stretch my wings again. So, I got my medical and found an instructor. A little over 2 hrs of flight time and I was signed off as a legal private pilot again.
So, I have new life for my blog. I'll blog about my flying escapades and the places I go.
I have some big plans for the very near future. I'll bring those adventures here...and of course, pictures too.
I'll start you with some gems from the past. The first one is a picture of me and the plane I used to get my private pilot's license on the day I got my license.

The second picture is with me and my best bud prior to a little cross country flight to visit the Lone Star Flight Museum down on Galveston island.
No comments:
Post a Comment