The International Space Station has been the home to a permanent human presence for 10 years now. In fact, it has just surpassed the old record of the Russian Mir space station. I am proud to say that I've been with the space program for better than 10 years now. There have been headaches, long nights, countless hours of work that seemingly goes unnoticed...but there have been moments of awe, satisfaction, and sheer enjoyment. We work hard. We are making progress. You haven't seen the fruits of our labor yet. But one day you will. We are not done yet...
I have made many friends along this 10+ year journey. I have friends in Japan and Russia. Never would I have imagined that I would get to do the work that I do and meet the people that I have met. I am truly lucky to have had these experiences. I am saddened by those that are no longer with us on this journey...those that have gone before us and those that departed not on their own accord. But remember, that those people had a role in getting us to where we are now. Be proud of that fact.
Ten years. We are not done yet...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment