This is how i felt this morning. On my way to work, i must go through the garage. I do my usual routine and the garage door only lifted about 6 inches. Odd. WTH? Second attempt yielded the same results. Nada. I disconnected the door from the automatic opener and tried to open the door myself. Didn't budge. I look up to see this:
A closer look:
What you are looking at, folks, is a torsional spring...a broken torsional spring to be exact. The torsional spring helps lift the door. The door is incredibly heavy and the spring helps the garage door opener (whether a machine or man) open the garage door.
As soon as i saw the broken spring, i knew i was trapped. And, inside the garage was Delilah. She wouldn't budge until this was fixed. Straight to the internet to find some garage repair service to save me from my imprisonment. I support local when possible and i just picked a local Friendswood company, Allied Garage Doors.
The gentleman on the other side of the line said that he could have a repair man fix that no problem. However, he may be able to get to it before lunch, but after lunch is more likely. I was supposed to give a student a checkout this morning...sent a few emails to let my management and the student know my plight.
Now, what to do with my time. Well, i finally got around to doing some chores that i have been putting off. But luckily, George the garage door repair man was able to get here in the morning.
George was friendly and knowledgeable. He made some recommendations and without hesitation i accepted those recommendations. I enjoyed talking with George and he gave me some hints to keep the garage door operating smoothly for many years to come. Once a month or every other month spray some WD40 on the tosion rod bearings and roller bearings.
My garage door now has a stealth mode...it is nearly silent. I was very pleased with George's workmanship and kindness. If you are looking for some garage door repair work, i recommend Allied Garage Doors. Make sure you ask for George to be your repair man.
Freedom...
1 comment:
ughhhhhhhhh,i cannot tell you how many friggin times i was trapped in the house last year when our garage door was on the fritz....... soooooooo annoying..
Post a Comment