Sunday, February 15, 2009

Horelica House of Music -- Edition 27

I just happen to be flippin' through the channels and i came across a special on Weezer on the MHD channel. Of course, i immediately thought of HHoM and wondered if i had ever highlighted this group. Turns out that i hadn't...so without further ado, here is a nifty little album from the guys of Weezer.



And while wondering what other band that i may have not highlighted before, i realized that i hadn't done this band either. Wow...how did i miss this one? This band was my closest brush with rockstardom. Many years ago, while waiting in line to see these guys i started a conversation with the couple behind me...or in front of me...i don't quite remember. Anyway...turns out that this couple was relatives of one of the guitarists (who is no longer with the band). Post show, we were invited by the couple to go backstage. That was pretty cool. Talked with the guitarist for about 45 minutes and briefly chatted with other members of the band. That was my one and only visit backstage to a professional show. I've been "backstage" at Finding Reason shows...and Less Than Serious Shows...

1 comment:

Rob said...

I'm such a fickle Weezer fan. I love 50% of their songs and hate the other, makes it tough to buy a CD! I never got to go "backstage" to talk to any bands but did get to say hi to and get the autograph from the lead singers of Dance Hall Crashers after a show in Phoenix once. Also waved and said hi to Dicky Barrett of the Mighty Mighty Bosstones as he walked up beside the stage to watch H20 play during a show in Pittsburgh (they were openning for the Bosstones). -R