Well, Rita is a merely a few hours away from making landfall, most likely west of Port Arthur. So far no bad weather here...that's good news. We still have power at the house as far as i can tell anyway. The winds at our house are about 38 mph sustained gusting to 50 mph. Good news again. I'm pretty sure the house can handle those winds. I guess we'll see in a few days what has happened.
So we spent the evening eating chocolate chip cookies and drinkin' margaRITAs. Not a bad way to spend the night during a major natural event.
Well, I'm turning in for the night...in what i hope will be a nice night's sleep. I'll post again in the morning for more updates...
Stay tuned and stay safe.
see you on the flip side...
Friday, September 23, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Rob's babysitter that rode out the storm in League City/Dickinson reports no noticable damage to any structure. Hopefully that's true of the surrounding neighborhoods.
Power is out however.
Post a Comment