Sometimes, you are gonna get dirty when you do some repair work. Today I fixed our garage door opener. When I was through I had to wash my hands with a gasoline soaked rag. Reminded me of my Dad and all the times I saw him gettin' dirty. Several days ago, I repaired my lawn mower again. This time I replaced the height adjuster mechanism. It was very very loose, and I think, it is the culprit of the erosion on the helical gear. All is well with the lawn mower. All is well with the garage door opener.
Did some more swimming today. Pushed myself a little harder today...and almost went too far. I didn't swim any more laps than last time, but I did them with a little more effort. I think I'm building up some stamina and am no longer as fatigued as before. But I can still feel the burn in most of my muscles. Maybe once I can do a 1000 meters or so, I'll start lifting weights. That's a big maybe...most people know my "fondness" for weight lifting. I'm only a little more than half way there...so there is a lot of time left for me to do my swimming.
Where's winter?? I'm getting tired of the heat! The thermometer on the Cruiser read 104 today. Of course you have to factor out some engine heat, asphalt heat, etc. It was still near or at 100 today...And repairing a garage door opener with the garage closed was not all that much fun. I haven't sweat like that since my years of highschool football...man it's hot!
Well, that's all for tonight...I'm headed to rest my head on my still blackened hands...Don't worry...their pretty clean. I've washed them more times than i can count. Goodnight.
Thursday, August 05, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment