Monday, April 26, 2004

Widescreen TV

Well, after much thought and advice seeking, we went to Best Buy to purchase a replacement TV that went on the fritz. Our other TV was possessed and started power cycling during the night and wouldn't work during the day. Took the TV in for an estimate and it was going to be $165 + tax. My original thought was to buy a new one. But then I started second guessing myself. Then I was back on board with buying a new TV. Well, we ended up with a new 30" widescreen. Nothing extremely special. We are avid movie watchers and felt that our DVD collection would best be viewed on a widescreen TV. So we thought plasma 50"...yeah right. well, that would be the ideal machine...but we settled for a 30" widescreen.

I'm a Best Buy Reward member so I'll be getting about $35 worth reward money back. This will nearly buy me a new progressive scan DVD player. I really wanted an HD ready TV, but that'll have to wait till the prices come down. Oh to wish...plasma....

No comments: